Part 1: Health, Medicinal Benefits of Garlic:
There are many reasons that adding raw garlic to your diet will increase your health. In part 1 of this article you will learn 10 facts about how garlic affects your health.
1. Garlic supports a healthy heart. It can help you lower your bad cholesterol levels, and prevent hardening of the arteries, among many other benefits for your heart.
2. Organic garlic has a higher amount of sulphur in it, and the higher this amount the more health benefits there are.
3. Garlic that has been aged has more antioxidants than garlic that is not aged.
4. Garlic can be used in diabetics to lower blood sugar, or continue to keep it low.
5. Too much garlic can cause irritation to your bowels.
6. One of the compounds of Garlic can be used as an anti-fugal.
7. Microwaving garlic will completely kill the antibiotic and anti-fungal properties of it.
8. By crushing fresh organic garlic you will get the most medicinal use out of it.
9. The fresher the garlic and the freshest chopped or crushed the more taste you will get out of it.
10. Garlic has been used for over 5,000 years for medicinal purposes, starting in India.
From reading this you can conclude that by buying raw organic garlic bulbs and only opening them right before you crush or chop them for immediate use, you will get the most medicinal purposes out of your garlic. The smaller the garlic pieces when you are done chopping, mincing or crushing the more of the healing components you will get out of it, these components are activated when you cut the garlic, as time goes by the benefits will diminish, that is why it is very important to only get the garlic ready just before using it. You may also want to note that by using garlic this way you will get more taste out of it, so you can actually use less.